Top 5 Reasons why TikTok should be banned
- TikTok is the new digital porn hub of the country. Most of the TikTok videos need to be watched alone or with earphones on! If it’s a porn site, it should be called so, instead of calling itself a short-video sharing app. Between November 2018 and April 2019, TikTok has removed over 10,000 deemed to include porn, vulgar videos, underage sexual images, and underage inappropriate content.
- TikTok is the Mecca for pedophiles. Videos of boys and girls as young as 2 or 3-year-old doing seemingly innocent acts or lip-sync are exactly what pedophiles need to fuel their imagination. There has been a significant surge in child sexual abuse, harassment, and blackmail, where the predator found their victim on TikTok. What is more disturbing is that its the parent who introduces (they call it TikTok debut) the child to TikTok or collaborates with them to create videos or showcases them as trophies.
- Over 60% of TikTok’s users are aged between 13-24 making them extremely vulnerable to the sexual predators and perverts lurking out there. “According to National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, a quarter seven- to 16-year-olds have live-streamed online with someone they have never met, and one in 20 children had been asked to take their clothes off.” As a parent, this statistic numbs me cold!
- TikTok is the world’s new hate speech minefield that promotes hate and communalism through its many provocative, poison spewing biased users, based on fake news. “Between November 2018 and April 2019, TikTok has removed 36,365 videos that breached its rules on hate speech and religion, and another 12,309 videos deemed to include dangerous behavior and violence.”
- “Social media influencer” is a new addition to the list of modern career choices available. Well, there is nothing wrong in wanting to be a social media influencer, but only if one has the right aptitude for it. Being a YouTuber is completely different from being a TikToker. To have a sizeable number of followers on YouTube, one needs to be consistent and produce content that is niche. The majority of aspiring TikTok stars are wasting their youth, resources and time making videos on TikTok that deserve to be trashed into the dustbin. Yes, that’s exactly where they belong.
Read Part 1: What makes TikTok so desirable
Read Part 2: A ‘general profile’ of the ‘average’ TikTok user